Thursday, December 22, 2016

1.2 The Bachelors



Hey, June. Know what you're doing there?

Juniper: What, am I not standing up straight?

We've got some work to do.


Juniper: Better?

Very much. So, what're your plans for today?


Juniper: Well, first I have to garden.

Naturally.


.…Why is J. Huntington III here?

Juniper: And then I'm throwing an afternoon dinner party for my aspiration. 

Do you even have enough money to do that?

Juniper: I'll have you know that I have an entire $200. 

Great. I would be more concerned if you actually had electricity to be shut off from not paying those $400 bills due tomorrow, but…


Okay, so you're having a dinner party with J. and Salim. That sounds like a terrific idea.

Juniper: Really?

Oh my God, no! Please tell me you didn't invite Akira, too.

Juniper: I didn't invite Akira! Come on, cut me some slack. I know better than that.


J.: Wow. My competition is weak.

Salim: This is an awful situation.

Sorry, kid. I know.


Oh look, one of J.'s Phi Gamma Fratbros, doing their bro handshake.

Salim: At least I'm not involved in this. That makes it a little better, right?

I love that Salim always looks mildly uncomfortable.


JUNIPER! ABORT! SALIM AND J. ARE TALKING TO EACH OTHER.

Juniper: Relax, it's fine. They're adults.


This is…quite the dinner party. Also, did you sell one of your kitchen counters to buy a radio?

Juniper: I want that coffee pot and gold star event. 


Sure enough, after ample dancing and the strange disappearance of Geoffrey Landgraab, Juniper somehow manages to have a gold medal dinner party ON HER LAWN with no table or chairs. I guess her cooking skills have to be pretty great then?

…Or maybe all of her dinner guests are just into her. That is a possibility.


She sells the radio, buys back her counter, and is able to get that coffee pot…which she would also earn as a reward for a promotion literally the next day, so there wasn't much point. But at least we can sell it for simoleons!


And speaking of that promotion, she is finally able to acquire a bar, which she has wanted for some time. Juniper's had a whim locked in for learning mixology, and she'll need it for her next promotion.


Aaaaaand the very next day, she gets home from work and does something even more stupid than her dinner party of bachelors…

Invites the two men she's been on dates with to the Romance Festival. Neither of which seem very pleased about it.

Juniper: I was hoping it would help me choose between them.

I don't know what to do with you.


Did you invite J. too? Really?

Juniper: DON'T JUDGE ME.

Are you even into him? At all?


Whatever, just go drink punch and at least chat with Salim or Akira.


Or let the gentlemen all chat with each other while you drink sakura tea and eat ramen. This is a far better idea.


Guru: Care to tell your romantic future?

Juniper: Sir, I am scared to tell my romantic present.



This is fine. Good news for a legacy. I'm not concerned AT ALL.

What is also concerning is that LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED at the Romance Festival. All three gentlemen ran off and Juniper was cranky and tired from work. So, I guess the Guru was right. Honestly, I had kind of been hoping that we could make some decisions at the festival as well, but I guess not.


However, Akira invites her to the flea market the next day. 

(I think my game is broken because I'm pretty sure I'm definitely not supposed to have this many festivals so close to each other.)

Juniper: Should I talk to him?

Yes? He invited you?


Juniper: What if I just make awkward arm gestures at him from across the way?

Again, I have no idea what to do with you.


Juniper: Hey, it's good to see you again!


Akira: We just saw each other last night.


Juniper: Yeah, but we didn't get to spend any time together. *Surprisingly forward hug for Juniper*


Akira: Whoa, there.

Juniper: OH, UH GOD, WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

Akira: Listen, I'm so confused as to what's going on here.

Juniper: What do you mean?

Akira: I know you've been going out with Salim. And that's fine. We haven't set any parameters for our relationship. But you need to choose soon, because I'm getting really tired of your waiting around and indecision (and your readers probably are tired of it, too).


So, I need to leave now. And I need you to tell me when you've made up your mind, because I can't really do this right now. I don't even want to be in a legacy. They cramp my style.


Akira walks away, leaving Juniper even more confused and sad than before.


And Akira's not looking too sure of himself either.


(Here you can see the chair and cushion that she acquired at the flea market)

Well, Juniper, any more great plans?

Juniper: Just cooking…


Juniper:…And plant yoga.


Juniper:…And…a date with a really angry Salim.

Oh no.



That looks like a terrifying face. Juniper, I think you should be a little concerned, here.

Salim: Look, I LIKE YOU. A LOT. But you can't invite three guys to the Romance Festival. Okay? You just can't. I need some answers.


Juniper: Trust me, I wish I had some answers, too! This whole legacy thing is a lot of pressure. Whoever I pick is a co-founder of something big, and it's going to affect your lives as well.

Salim: I don't mind legacy life. I just want the woman I'm with to want me, too.

Juniper: I do want you!

Salim: So prove it!


Juniper: *Changes into a fancy dress.* Okay. Here. Stay and we'll try another date. If it goes badly, I'll never talk to you again.


Salim: Look, I'm sorry. I just want to make sure I'll actually get something from staying in this relationship.

Juniper: I do, too. That's why I'm so afraid to commit. I feel like the first legacy spouse is such a big deal.


Salim: Are you sure you don't have commitment issues?

Juniper: I mean, I don't have it as a trait!


AND THEY FINALLY HAVE THEIR FIRST KISS. And she doesn't even run away this time.


While they're chatting and eating dinner, I, ahem, add some new stuff to the yard.

Juniper: You're not subtle. 

And your fun bar is ridiculously low, so…



Juniper: Hey, this is going really well. Would you want to stay the night?

Salim: Absolutely.


…I see you both really prepared your sexy lingerie…


And for the first time in probably about a week, Juniper's plumbbob goes from red to green!

That's all for today. And I think I've made my decision on who our co-founder will be! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment