Tuesday, December 20, 2016

1.1 Regrets


Welcome back! Today we have for you a single slide acknowledging the holidays! Why only one?

Because we had to sell the menorah shortly after this picture was taken so she could make eggs. Bright mornings in the legacy, bright mornings!


And, like any true legacy, Juniper wakes up in a cranky mood.

Juniper: There is no entertainment at my house. I don't even really have a house!

Fine then, go to the Geek Festival!


Juniper: This…is a date? Isn't it?

Well, originally Salim called while you were in the shower to invite you to the festival, but you were just on a date with him last night, so I thought maybe we should slow down a bit (said no legacy writer ever) and survey your options. So see how things go with Akira!

Juniper: HE LOOKS SO ANGRY WHAT DO I DO?


Uncomfortably enough, when she got to the gaming rigs, there was Salim. Whom she had turned down this morning for a date to the festival––and is now on a date with someone else at the festival.

Oops. Sorry, June.


Juniper: It's fine. I'll just build a virtual wall between us. He'll never know I'm here. I'm invisible!

…I can see him through the––

Juniper: INVISIBLE, I SAY

Okayyyyy.


We quickly realize that Akira has slipped away from the festival. Because his facial expressions clearly weren't enough to signal that he was having a terrible time.

Weird, though, since he's a tech guru? What's up your sleeve, Kibo?


When Juniper walks away to grab a drink (and from the BAR, not the bathroom: looking at you, Salim), Akira seems pretty pleased with how the date is going.

Akira, I hate to break the bubble, but you guys are actually just on an outing…there's no date timer.


Juniper returns, her cocktail (that she really can't afford, but it's fine) mysteriously disappearing into her inventory.

Juniper: So, you, uh, look good on that stage there.

Akira: You think so?

Juniper: I do.

Akira: I would even better up here with you next to me.


So, instead of going up  on the stage and flirting her little heart out, what does she do?

Sit down further away from the stage. Luckily for our awkward founder, Akira follow.


In fact, Akira's got GAME.


So much game that I think it's making Juniper uncomfortable.

Juniper: I, err, think I'm going to get another drink.

Akira: So soon? Let me buy you one.



Akira: I bet I can figure out your favorite drink.

Juniper: *smug judgment* Oh, can you?


Akira: Yeah, a tall drink of water––like me.

And hilariously enough, this romantic encounter is witnessed by none other than J. Huntington III. He is surprised and taken aback, clearly.



Juniper: …


Juniper: Oh God what have I done?

What do you not like him?

Juniper: I, uhhhhh, havetogobye


And with that, she literally runs away, J. Huntington looking after her, probably thinking, "Damnnnnnnn I have a chance."


What was that about?

Juniper: I just had a really strong urge to make heart shaped cookies.

The flirty cookies? So you did enjoy Akira?

Juniper: I…

Yeah, yeah, don't worry. We'll come back to this.


She spends the rest of her night tending to her new mate, a mud spotted frog.


The next morning, Akira calls her up for a coffee date––a real, actual, event-timed date.


But Juniper is surprised that he spends the entire date talking to the woman at the table next to theirs.

Juniper: I'm going to order coffee. Want anything?

Akira: *continues talking to black-haired lady*

Juniper: Cool, fine, this is fine.



Until the woman in question comes up and stands next to her in line for coffee.

Juniper: What do I do?

Nothing?

Juniper: This is so awkward.

Just don't talk to her. She's hitting on your date.

Juniper: Sooo do you like trees?


 Not only, then, does mystery lady STEAL JUNIPER'S AMERICANO, but she moves seats and Juniper can't even sit at the table with her own date.

Juniper, just leave.

Juniper: Say no more.


She then goes home to spend the rest of her night reading, and planting the seeds she could finally afford from the planer.

And we will end here for today. See you next time!

P.S. I might make a poll so you guys can vote for your favorite bachelor. Unless it's absolutely unanimous and you guys think I'm batty for not having an obvious answer. What do you think? Comment in boolprop. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment