Saturday, December 24, 2016

1.3 Meeting Goals and Making Decisions


Last time, Juniper and Salim finally made some decisions. And by decisions, I don't actually mean decisions, I mean sleeping together.


And between then and now, Juniper got to be around level four or five in her career (sorry I'm the worst). Meaning, we can invest in something fun. Like an easel!


But, speaking of decisions, only the next day Juniper invites Salim back over with an important question.


Salim: Hey, I was afraid I wasn't going to hear from you for another week or two, given our track record.

Juniper: *Commitment sim uncomfortable laugh* Of course not! Why would I do that?


Juniper: Actually I had a proposition for you.

Salim: I like where this is going.

Juniper: You should move in with me!

Juniper, you haven't even asked him to be your boyfriend yet…

Salim: Yes! I'd love to!

…Apparently Salim forgot that they haven't actually DTR'd yet as well. Oh well. Screw relationship stereotypes?


Salim: So, I see you have a bit of money in that bank account of yours from your past few promotions. And I have a bit as well.

Juniper: I think I know where you're going here.


Welcome to the Arbor Cottage! I was dumb and forgot that you aren't supposed to keep money brought in from spouses, and then remembered right after I built the house…and then was too attached to the house to get rid of it. Sorry!…It was only like 7 or 8 thousand…Don't hate me. But it's cute, right? Also I suck at TS4 cheats, idk why.


So here's a tour! The kitchen and dining room…


Other view of dining room…


Living room…


Bed room…


Uninteresting bathroom… 


Aaaaand aerial shot. Ooh and there's a guest room with only a bed in there. Future intents involve children. 


It doesn't take them long at all to christen the house.


Clearly, they're living like kings in new legacy money. Cocktails, vegetable tempura, and cake. Can I move in with you guys? What a meal.


Juniper: What's wrong?

Salim: I know we've both taken a few days off work this week to spend time together, but we haven't even, you know, made our relationship official yet.

Juniper: I didn't know we had to?

Salim: *Gets up and runs outside*


Juniper: Salim, what on earth is going on?

Salim: I just don't understand where we are. You'll live with me, but you won't make me your boyfriend.

Juniper: What? I just thought we were secure enough in our relationship that labels were arbitrary. But we can be in an official, committed relationship if you want.

Salim: I do want that.

Juniper: Then it's settled. I'm now your girlfriend.


Salim: And you'll tell Akira about our relationship and that you can only be friends?

Juniper: Oh.


While Salim went to work, Juniper called up Akira so they could discuss the…situation.


Is that…Lord Stonewall Akira smiling? Damn, you must be great at friend-zoning. Teach me your ways! Write a Buzzfeed article!…or maybe it should be for guys to learn how to be friend-zoned.


When Salim gets home, he writes not one, but two novels––and his first thus far! Both of which entitled The Journey of Werewolves. Not The Journey of Werewolves I and II, BOTH are The Journey of Werewolves. It's a hipster thing.

Apparently.


Juniper: I wanted to tell you that I talked to Akira and it went great!

Salim: That's great news!


Salim: And, I actually have some great news as well!

Juniper: Oh?

Salim: I think we should go on vacation!

Juniper:…

Salim: What?

Juniper: We're poor.


Salim: It's camping. All we have to do is buy a tent.

Juniper: Ah! Well, in that case, let's go!


Salim:…Right now?

Juniper: Yeah! Oh, sorry, should I let you finish eating?

Salim: Very funny.


And here we are, moments later, at Granite Falls!


Juniper: It sure does get dark early here.

Salim: I mean, we waited until after dinner to come camping. What did you expect?

Juniper: No, I like it. I love the outdoors.


Salim:…I am really tired, though.

Juniper: Yeah, I'm actually so exhausted.


*After totally spacing and remembering that the tents and beds aren't already there oops*


They're basically about to pass out before they get the tent set up. Sorry guys!


The next morning the chef is annoyed with her boyfriend for having made something as bleh as frank and beans for breakfast.


Salim: I'll make it up to you, I promise

Juniper: That I like to hear.


Here they are at the national park (thing? I cannot remember the name of this lot).


In a ruse to get Juniper to go fishing with him, Salim takes her to the waterfall.

Salim: Juniper, our relationship has been complicated, confusing, and probably the unnecessarily longest romance in legacy history. But things have been so great recently. AND I haven't seen J. Huntington III in like an entire chapter, which means that something has to be going right.


Salim: So, I was wondering…*awkward fumbling*


Salim: If you would marry me?


Juniper: OMG YES! *Grabs ring and leaves Salim kneeling uncomfortably*


Juniper: This makes me so happy.

Salim: Me too!

And, hey, maybe there can be more plot than just your convoluted relationships (I'M SO SORRY WORLD).

*Technically end of chapter, but keeping reading for approximately three sides to see what happens while Salim actually fishes.*


Juniper wanders off collecting plants and finds this brambly cave.


She winds up in the Deep Woods. I imagine it's cool, but it's kinda dark and also Juniper's needs are crazy low.


But she meets the hermit, so that's fun!

Happy holidays everyone! Tune in next time for a chaotic wedding episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment