Monday, May 22, 2017

3.1 MC Takes Over


Today with the Arbors, we find Apple giving her youngest sister a visit in her new place.

Apple: So, you're enjoying your new apartment?

Hazel: NO! I live too close to Olive! She's mildly angry all of the time and it's making ME MILDLY ANGRY ALL THE TIME!


Apple: I mean, you could always get a different apartment, right? There are still a few open around town.

Hazel: NO WAY, THIS APARTMENT IS WAY BETTER THAN OLIVE'S AND I CAN'T AFFORD ANYTHING ELSE!


Apple: Oh, uh, why is it a competition? What did Olive do?

Hazel: *sigh.* Ugh. You're right. She didn't actually do anything. I guess I'm just stressed out living by myself.

I sent Apple over to visit her sister only two days after she moved out, and they literally lost positive relationship points. Apparently adult life isn't treating our youngest too well.


Apple runs out of there pretty quickly to head to work, and is still feeling a bit down after she gets home. Luckily, Cale is there to invite her to the Humor and Hijinks Festival and attempt to cheer her up!


These two have also been spending more and more time with each other, and they decide to have a romantic evening at the cliffside. Apple just wasn't quite in the mood for her usual hijinks, so some quiet relaxation was called for!


…You know, doing couple things…


And, right in lieu with my Facebook feed, I figure it's probably time for these crazy kids to get engaged. Unsurprisingly, everything goes according to plan.


Needless to say, the couple is very excited! Congrats, Cale, you made it!


I decide I want them to get married relatively quickly, so there's only a two or three day period before their wedding. Cale, who didn't have a job or really many other useful skills so far, spends his time painting. I definitely haven't figured out what to do with him around the house yet.


But Apple has spent all of her spare time working on her career and her writing aspiration. She's already to level seven in politics! It's felt really quiet around the house without all of Apple's siblings, though. I'm not used to Apple coming home and having no one to sit and chat with while she eats.


Before we know it, though, it's wedding day! How ya feeling there, Apple?

Apple: Heh heh heh. My mom wanted me to throw a wedding party so I threw a house party. That way know one shows up at the alter.

Wow. You ARE evil.


She may be a pretty pitiful angry sim, but she sure is cute with her fiancé. Alright, Cale, I see you.


Guys, STOP I CAN'T HANDLE THIS CUTE.


Not gonna stop? Okay, then. Just carry on.


Everyone, welcome Cale Humphrey to the legacy family!


And give an even greater welcome to his hot writer dad!


So towards the end of the party I send them upstairs to have some good old marital fun, and apparently they decided that their own bedroom just wouldn't do the trick, and would rather rendezvous in Hazel's old room.


I exit their queue and tell them to go back to Apple's room. Assuming everything is squared away, I turn my back for five minutes to cater to the rest of the party downstairs, and come back to find them asleep in Olive's old bed. I don't even know what to do with these two.


The next day, this newly-wed finally lands himself a job in the tech industry, so he replaces Hazel at the chessboard.


We continue to have, err, interesting run-in with the scandalous Srivastava twins and their ladies at Chez Llama. However, it seems that these boys have finally calmed down, because Beau here is out on a date with his wife, Houda Srivastava! She is also the mother of their son together, Jakob.


It also looks like we'll be expecting ANOTHER little Srivastava soon!


While we're on the topic of spares, the Nava twins have also been getting out and about as of late. Frankie is having some fun with Aahana Joyson. They've most recently also had twins (dear lord why so many twins?). They're both boys named Christopher and Kasey. Zechariah also has a son with Izumi named Shannon.


Stop being awkward! You're married now! You don't need to be awkward––that's basically the whole point in being married.

Apple and Cale: *continues being awkward*


They have little trouble getting back into the swing of things once at the house though!


Really, Myrtle? This might be your third abduction!

Myrtle: What can I say, I find their culture fascinating!


Apple: I have some news…

YAY GENERATION FOUR IS ON ITS WAY!


And as generation four is about to pop into existence, it is only fitting that I've just received the notification about Myrtle's life coming to an end. No, Myrtle! You're so cool!


Luckily, she can seek some afterlife advice from her mom.

Myrtle: I'm ready to see Art again, but I really want to meet my grandkids.

Juniper: It's kind of lonely. And your sister is driving me batty. Camellia has somehow gotten crazier in the afterlife.

 

That's right: with no other announcement, I find Camellia and Kayaan in Myrtle's relationship panel as ghosts. Excuse me? Game, you didn't let these sisters say goodbye to each other!


Oh, look Cale has a friend! Hi Cale's friend!


Cale: Listen, Siya, I can't see you anymore. I––well––I've gotten married.

WHAT

Siya: Yeah, I saw the announcement in the paper. I actually got married, too. But you haven't been returning any of my calls, and, well, I want you to be in their lives. You ARE their father.

WHAT WHAT


Yeah so I got this phone call from Siya announcing that she gave birth to twins, which I thought was, well, odd. A little bit confused and concerned, I open up Cale's relationship panel to see that he has a full romantic relationship with her. Apparently I hadn't noticed in my log that Siya got pregnant with Cale. Although, all of this apparently happened before Siya got married to someone else. HOW DO I MAKE MC COMMAND CENTER CALM ITS SHIT?


Siya: I don't want a romantic relationship with you. Just promise that you'll be open with your wife about it and come see the kids every now and then.


Apple: Do-dee-doooo, off to work! Hi random lady!

Cale: Uhhhhh…


Myrtle: I am so excited to meet one of my grand babies before I pass on.

Apple: Of course you're going to, as long as you allow me to raise them to be evil little children.

Myrtle: Not a chance, Apple, not a chance.


Apple: You okay, Cale? You look traumatized.

Cale: So, I, uh, found out this girl I slept with before you and I went official just had twins. And they're mine.

Apple: …I'm gonna need to let that sink in for a minute.


Don't worry, Cale, she'll forget all about your liaison very soon.

But also MYRTLE DON'T LEAVE US!


Myrtle: *Stomps foot pitifully* I wanted to meet my grandchildren!


Cale: I can't believe I didn't get yelled at. Nice!

Hey, Cale, you might wanna turn around.


Apple: No, Mom!

Grim: Thank YOU for dying in an easy to access location. This is a nice change.

Cale: Can't you see we're in mourning here.

 

Bye, Myrtle! I've enjoyed having you around immensely!


But, also, how have you witnessed 15 deaths? That's a lot of deaths! Jeez!


Doing okay there, Apple?

Apple: I miss my mom.

Well, your grandfather is right behind you! Maybe he can make you feel better.

Apple: Nope. I'm going into labor.

Right now? Literally right after your mother died? That figures.


We decide to put the crib in Hazel's old room.


Welcome to the world, Aspen, the first boy of this legacy! Woo!


I throw Apple a little party the next day to cheer her up and so that she can secure votes for her job. She bounced back disturbingly fast.

Apple: My mother recently died, and I want her legacy to live on. A vote for me is a vote to help maintain and upgrade our hospitals!

Really, Apple?


The new dad gets a little tired of the socialization pretty quickly though, and goes to take care of baby Aspen.

I think I'll leave the chapter here. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment