Friday, November 24, 2017

4.1 Full House of Toddlers


First thing back with the Arbors, is the birth of generation five!


Let me introduce you to Bay and Kengo's baby girl, Poplar.


 For some reason, Juniper is very displeased with the situation. Maybe it's because everyone in the household works and so no one is ever home or awake and wants to deal with a screaming baby--so she has to return from the grave to play mom once again.

Don't let her redness fool you, I think she likes and misses this.



With Bay's first child in the home, these two decide it's time for them to start their own family. It would be lovely to have all of the cousins be similar ages!


Luckily, Elm and Rhonda don't have to put in too much effort.


Before long, Poplar is a toddler and ready to take on the massive Arbor Estate.


 She's already captured Uncle Elm's heart. Is it no surprise that she grew up with the Charmer trait?


Seriously, these two are inseparable. Elm is going to love being a father.


 *toddler spam*


Apple: So, how are you liking being a mom?

Bay: Honestly, it's not that bad. Although, toddlers are kind of a lot of work.

Apple: Yes, you could say that. You are your siblings were a lot to take care of. At least you, Kengo, Elm, and Rhonda will never be outnumbered. Do you think you'll be having another one soon?

Bay: I would love to! It's Kengo who is a little hesitant about the whole thing. With him working in the culinary business he's always gone or sleeping during the strangest hours.


Poplar is seriously stealing hearts. Get that girl a brother!


Rhonda: Ugh. I miss having a body that looks like that.

Bay: Don't worry. We're sims. You'll pop back to normal right after you give birth.


Cale: Wow. I am so happy. I can't wait to have more grandkids.


Oh, no! Apple, you're sick.

Apple: That's not all.

So. Unintentional plot twist. I needed to download the most recent version of MC Command Center. I didn't realize this until Apple started to pass away. I quickly exited without saving and downloaded the newest update. I come back to the game, and she starts to die AGAIN! I was so confused. I didn't remember her being this close to death.


I decided to just go with it––exiting twice was going to be a lot of work––and then Cale decided it was his turn.

It was not until this point that I realized that I needed to reset all of my settings in the new Command Center. As I had changed my elder lifespan to twenty days because the original one in the game is silly and short, Command Center not working put their life spans back to normal, and in that scale their deaths were very overdue.


Kengo: I'm…I'm gonna need a drink for this one.


New Butler: Hello, I'm here for my very first d––oh god…

If you guessed that this was also New Butler's very last day of work, you are correct.


Bay, don't you think you should go downstairs? Can't you hear the grim music?

Bay: Yeah, but I'm on a roll. I'll be down in a minute.


In the end, Elm and Kengo turned out to be more sensitive than their wives.


And so we say goodbye to the heir and spouse of Generation Three. You were fun to have around, Cale and Apple, and we're going to miss you terribly. Hope you come around frequently to take care of the grandkids!


Rhonda: *sigh* Something's happened while I was at work, didn't it?


Poplar: Where's Gramma and Grampa?

Bay: They're going to be gone for a little while, darling. But I've got good news!

Poplar: What's that?


Bay: Your cousin is almost here!


Everyone, meet Elm and Rhonda's baby boy, Balsam.

And that's not all…


Here we have Balsam's twin, Magnolia!


Bay: Kengo, you're home from work!

Kengo: Uh uh. I'm going to bed.

Bay: But first, we need to catch up with Elm. They have TWO kids. I want there to be at least a 50/50 chance that our child will be the next heir.

Ugh: Mmm. It can wait until morning.


 Disclaimer: It couldn't wait until morning.

Bay gets what Bay wants.


However, she did decide to wait to tell Kengo in the morning. He was a little bit more excited after some rest.

Also, Poplar was very displeased with finding out she had not one, but two, cousins.


Hi Art!


Since Bay is pregnant, there is no room left in the house for any pets. At all. So, naturally, the logical decision was to spend 30 grand building a vet clinic.


…It's obviously going to take an adjustment period.


 Before long, Balsam grows into the CUTEST toddler. Look at that face! I'm pretty sure he has the Inquisitive trait.


And Magnolia's going to break some hearts of her own. I think she grew into the Independent trait.


The still fairly-new parents are overjoyed.


Even Bay turns up to be a good aunt!


I decide that maybe a little family outing might be a good idea. No one wants to be locked in the house too long with three toddlers, right?


However, idle toddlers destroying things might have made the parents regret their decision.


The next few hours are filled with rather a lot of talking tos and disciplining.


Bay: Can I return this next baby? I don't know if I can handle four toddlers.


But also––look how cute the imagination facet is to this play set!


Balsam's unfortunately a bit young to understand quite how to use his imagination yet. But he still manages to look cute and have fun.


I simply CANT with how cute all of these toddler interactions are.


Rhonda: I kinda wish we had our own household so we could have more kids of our own.

Kengo: Please don't leave. I can't let Bay have more kids. One is already too many for me.


Cousin Mara Srivastava! I have missed you and your antics with Aspen! I hope they're still friends. I believe she actually has a kid or two of her own now. I should start having family clubs again just so we can keep up with everyone.


Cute father-son food moment!

 
As soon as everyone gets back home, and the parents are working on tucking the kids into bed, Bay starts to feel some contractions.


Hamza: My first day back from leave and now I have to deal with a birth. Great.


Bay and Kengo's second child is a boy named Pine! Hello last baby of generation five for our heirs!


The next night, I send these two out on a date to finish up Bay's soulmate aspiration. It's a bit problematic as they're both dead tired and keep falling asleep.


However, in the end, they do manage to have a gold date.


Pine becomes a cute little toddler with brown hair reminiscent of Myrtle!


And then, amongst the toddler chaos, Poplar grows up without any fanfare.


Even with a makeover, I can tell Poplar is going to be a moody one.


 Here she is as a child! She grows into the Artistic Prodigy aspiration, and replaces Charmer with Self-Assured. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment