Sunday, March 3, 2019

A Stranger ISBI 1.1: The Wayward Wedding



After rejecting his girlfriend's second proposal the night before, Arie wakes up with a headache and some doubts about his relationship (which, we now know, are pretty justified).


However, to my great surprise, these two are still very lovey with each other––perhaps more so autonomously than before the proposal.

Arie: What are your plans for today? I was hoping we could maybe spend some time together.

Penny: I'm stopping by Akira's for bit, but we'll chat afterwards.

As it turns out, Akira and Lilith are living large in this Forgotten Hollow mansion. 


 Akira: Now's not the best time.

Penny: I know, but we really need to talk about what happened yesterday.

Akira:…I know. It's just…Lilith is here. You know, it's fine. Come in. We'll find a moment to talk.


Penny sits down in the front parlor and grabs the nearest book, waiting while Akira grabs them coffee. However, moments later, she overhears a conversation between him and Lilith.

Lilith: Akira, there's something I need to tell you. It's important.


And that's when I notice the toilet and begin to panic. NONE of you are working with my plans for this ISBI! I double check with MCCC, and, sure enough, Lilith really is pregnant.

Lilith: I'm pregnant.

Akira: What?

Lilith: I thought you would be happy!

Akira: I just––I don't want to have your baby right now!


 Lilith: What do you mean you don't want to have my baby???

Akira: No, wait, you know that's not what I meant. I just don't feel prepared or ready right now! We're so young. We've only been together six months.

Penny set the book down. In that moment, she knew what needed to happen. She didn't need to talk to Akira anymore. She couldn't. There was now a child involved, and this could go no further. Her mind was made up.


She sneaks out the back door and heads home immediately, glad to find Arie enjoying their new TV.

Penny: Hey, can we talk?


He stands up and approaches her. They embrace, and she kisses him.


Arie: It's been awhile since you've kissed me like that.

Penny: I know. I'm sorry. I've been a little bit out of sorts recently.


Penny: I know this feels soon for you, and I also know this has something to do with your Paranoid trait, but I love you, and I really want you to be an official part of my legacy. You have nothing to worry about, I promise.


To everyone's sigh of relief, Arie finally accepts! Thank GOD.


Arie: You know what, let's get married as soon as possible. I'm sorry I've drug this out longer than necessary.


Perhaps afraid that Arie will change his mind, we move to Von Haunt quite literally the next sim evening to get this wedding on with!


All of the couple's closest friends arrive, including a now-popped Lilith.


As to be expected, Akira seems to be having conflicting feelings. Finding out that his wife is pregnant, and then that his best friend (and now lover) is getting married without any forewarning can't be the easiest to handle.


Penny: I was afraid you wouldn't come.

Akira: I couldn't miss your wedding. Although, I'll admit I'm a bit cross that you didn't give me any warning.

Penny: I know. Let's go talk.


I kid you not, the moment she greeted Akira this happened. In all of my years of sim playing, I've never seen a sim have doubts on their wedding day. Honestly, it doesn't seem like the game approves of Penny and Arie whatsoever.


Meanwhile, Arie seems to have gotten over his commitment jitters.


Victor: Arie, how're you feeling?

Arie: Pretty good, honestly. I had always felt that something just wasn't right between us, but after our conversation last night, I don't think anything is amiss. I'm ready for this.


Penny: Look, you know I'll always love you. But Lilith is pregnant, and I've already made a commitment to Arie.

Akira: You overheard that conversation?

Penny: I did. That's why I left. And I think you'll make a great father.


Akira: I just don't want this to affect our friendship.

Penny: I refuse to let it. You're still my best friend.


Brooke: Hey guys. What're you doing in here?

Ugh.


Meanwhile, Lily Feng is angry as always, although a little bit less pregnant at least.

Lily: I don't understand what is taking so long. It's late, there are way too many ghosts here. Let's get this over with so I can stop overpaying our babysitter.


Before the ceremony, Penny and Akira attempt to finish their conversation in another room.


But are again interrupted by a very pregnant Ulrike. So they move back downstairs.


Penny: I'm so glad this won't affect our friendship.


Akira: Yeah…it…won't affect our…friendship…at all.


Penny: You maybe, maybe one last time before we go our separate ways won't hurt.

Akira: That would be a good way to end things.


Penny is clearly VERY conflicted about this. As she should be.


And it unfortunately came through in bed. Yikes.


Rasmussen: There you are! We were starting to wonder if you had run away.

Penny: No, I'm here. Let's get on with this.

Spoken like a real woman in love, Penny.


To my GREAT surprise, they both go through with the wedding. This couple is such a disaster.


Penny: Go on ahead, I want to take a few minutes to enjoy the scenery.

Arie: Alright, just don't take too long.


And this is where we'll leave off, Penny staring off into the distance contemplating her place in life and now her marriage. Did she make the right decision? We'll find out soon enough.

We're currently at a score of 10, as she reached her second milestone in her StrangerVille aspiration. Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment