Monday, January 16, 2017

1.5 The Child Years



Welcome back, friends! We shall start with Camellia all grown into a child, primarily because babies in this game are useless and have no genetic signifiers so there's also just no use looking at them. But I don't have to tell that to you guys. 


If you're at all curious about her personality…I think this sums it up pretty well…


Regardless, here is her formal introduction into the legacy as a potential heir (I'll be letting you guys vote with a poll later on)!

She got the dreaded social butterfly aspiration––really, does anyone like that one? At all? And also rolled Loves the Outdoors, just like her mother. Maybe she'll give us a reprieve from the constant inability to associate with those around us, eh?


In order to start working on that obnoxious aspiration of hers, I sent her to the park to meet friends. There was only one kid there (irritating, since she needed to meet two), and I don't remember his name, so we will call him Chad. He looks Chad enough, right?


This girl is turning out to be some sort of social genius. I don't know how or why, but every single person at the park just kept gravitating towards her to strike up a conversation. She made plenty of friends in no time. 


Chad, being one of her new friends, came over to the Arbor rather frequently and they hit it off smashingly.


Meanwhile, Juniper's cooking skills may have gotten a tad worse from the pregnancy brain.

Salim: No, really, it's good. *Gulps*

Camellia: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie about this, sorry.


And the garden might have become a bit undernourished as well. But lucky, it's J. Huntington here to save the day––or unknowingly flirt with Juniper.


J: Who are you?

Camellia:…Who are you?

J: I'm a friend of Juniper's.

Camellia: Oh, I'm her daughter.

J: WHAT


 He got over his shock well enough, though, and joined Camellia and Chad for a riveting game of chess. I'm not so sure that Juniper will be too happy about her daughter's new friend, though. I'm really ashamed to admit that I've used him in a legacy before. But we don't have to talk about that or mention that ever ever ever again.


Also, these two are actually super cute little friends. Friend hugs!


Friend selfies!


Bathroom selfies!––okay that's maybe a little weird, please get out of there!


Once Juniper recovers from her quick bout of pregnancy brain, she gets into painting. 

Side note, this painting will remain unfinished and sitting on this easel until Camellia is a teenager. No shame. None. It's fine. I'm a great simmer. 


And she once again takes wonderful care of her garden.

Featuring the maid we hired because, damn, we can barely keep the plants alive, let alone a kitchen clean!


Juniper: Oh, I feel weird!

I think I know what this face means.


BABY! Naturally while no one is home.


Alright, let's give a warm welcome to baby Myrtle, named after the crepe myrtle tree.


Unsurprisingly, the little socialite takes well to her baby sister. Myrtle's the perfect friend, because she can't talk back!


And she spends the rest of her free time befriending her friend's moms. I think this is Chad's mother. 


But, she's not all clothes and chatter! She also shows a keen interest in the sciences, and works her way up the mental skill ladder.


And, before long, it's time for Myrtle to officially join the family as a functioning sim.



Say hello to our goofy little Whiz Kid, Myrtle! I think she's quite the cutie. Both of them are, really.


She immediately gets down to business, and helps out her father with those logic skills needed to work his way up the writing career. He's been moving up the ladder a little bit slower than his wife, which is a bit sad considering her two pregnancies, but hey, everyone moves at their own pace.


 Myrtle: How do I communicate with her?

I don't know, maybe introduce yourself, say hello. If you can play chess together, can't you talk?

Shea: …

Myrtle: …

I see. You'll be great friends.


Camellia: I can't believe that no one is going to witness me growing up. This is the saddest day of my life.

Oh, hush. This is a legacy. You're lucky you even have a cake.
























Camellia: Well, okay, here goes the saddest moment of my LIFE.

Oh my god. Tune in next time to witness this dramatic one become even more dramatic as a teen. Sorry, Juniper.



In the meantime, enjoy this awkward picture of Juniper being, well, Juniper.

No comments:

Post a Comment