Saturday, June 24, 2017

3.4 Simply Un-Bear-Able


As we jump into the fourth installment of generation three, we can see that I am still obsessed with the parenthood game pack.

Willow: I really don't see why I have to do SO MANY of these science projects.

Bay: Hey, at least you're getting help! You have both Mom and Dad helping. I have no one!

Apple: In hindsight, I guess this wasn't exactly the most efficient parenting decision.


ELM! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?


Juniper: I still cannot believe you guys have a butler. We didn't have butlers back in my day. This is so unfair.

Hamza: In all honesty, I probably should have died three weeks ago.


Now, let's all celebrate Elm growing up enough that he can reach more heights and make more messes! *Cries internally*


 And here is Elm! He grew into the Genius trait, and with the artistic aspiration.


How's it going there, Apple?

Apple: I just finished my writing aspiration!

Shouldn't you look happier than that?

Apple: Yeah, this is just my face sometimes. You know, concentration.


Checking back in with Cale, things don't look to be going quite so well.

Cale: I'm fine, really. I just finished creating a video game.

Isn't that a good thing?

Cale: NO I DON'T EVEN LIKE WHAT I'M DOING ANYMORE.

We're just going to slowly back out of the room now.

Cale: Let me wallow in my misery.


 Salim: Juniper was right. These kids really do have it made. A butler AND a maid?


The kids all get along quite well, thankfully. Bay and Aspen spend a lot of time in the green room working on their logic.


And Willow spends most of her time on the grand piano. She's already quite good! For four kids in one house, things aren't nearly as bad as I would have expected.


But soon enough, we have an awkward gathering of sims standing in one place, which can only mean one thing––a birthday! Aspen's, to be exact! That's right, our youngest is about to enter his teenage years. By the way, the girl with blond hair is Cale's younger sister, Guadalupe.


 More awkward standing…


Chef: One of us, one of us, one of us––

Aspen: I am going to need to change. Immediately.

That hair does suit you, though. But you're right, we'll get you out of the chef outfit. I doubt you would cook a meal to save your life.


 Here's Aspen in all of his posh glory. Such pretension. Such hair coif. Such neck scarf.

And, of course, he wants to throw parties for his aspiration. I feel like that's very fitting. His traits are now hot headed and self-assured. He's like a prince frat-boy melded into one.


 Aspen, aren't you going to mingle with your guests?

Aspen: No. I wouldn't invite any of them to a party. I mean, really. Where are the party animals at? Where are the crystal glasses and champagne?

Oh, that's how we're going to be. I see.


 By the by, his best friend-cousin grew up too. Mara's so cute!


What's wrong, Cale?

Cale: I don't know how to talk to teenagers.

It really isn't that hard.

Cale: But it is! Apple and I thought we were cool, but how do I communicate with a kid wearing WHITE glasses and perfectly coiffed hair?

True, there.


To work on Aspen's aspiration, we send everyone to a party at the park. Bay is excited to mingle, but cousin Prince? Not so much.


Aspen: He'll be having a great time in a snap of the fingers; I'll make sure of it.

Shannon: Mmmm hmmm. You said there would be hot dogs. Where are the hot dogs?


 Also, side note, this is Henry. Henry is one of Cale's twins with Siya. Poor kid looks a tad bit awkward.


After the tenuous failure that was Aspen's first party, he decides to head over to the city to meet some cool new people.


Instead, he finds his Aunt Olive busking. What's a dashing young kid to do?


He returns home a little traumatized and a lot exasperated.


But then, something happens…


He discovers the joy of dancing!


But then Prince kind of ruins it.

Mara: None of you white boys with your scarves and ascots can dance. Remind me why I am here?


I updated the back yard a bit.


It is now filled with games, reading nooks, and fire pits.


And this cute little back patio.


Cale is a bit dazed because he has to pack four lunches in an hour. You can do it, Cale!

Cale: I'd like to go back to sleep, please. Back to when I didn't have any kids.


In the end, he prevails. And then goes back to bed.


 But it's a very productive and healthy morning, as all four of the kids were sitting together having breakfast. Aww!


Meanwhile, Apple needs some intense relaxation time. Because, you know, she hasn't been working on consecutively using ALL of her accumulated sixteen vacation days from work.


When everyone gets home from school, though, it's time for a weenie roast with a bunch of teenagers!


Mara: Are you sure you know how to use a bonfire?

Aspen: Absolutely! What could go wrong.

He wound up catching two chairs on fire. Good job, Aspen.


Cale, of course, is the grill master and loving it!


So the blue half-alien girl to the far left is Maeve Uribe. Aspen's had his eye on her for a while, and as you can see from that uncomfortable expression, he's ready to make his move!


And luckily for him, it pays off!


In fact, it pays off quite well!


They're actually super adorable and clearly very into each other. So into each other that he invites her to stay the night…


And they have some good old fashioned closet fun…


Only about three days later, it's the twins birthdays! As you can see, Bay is way more excited than Willow.


Wow, Willow is basically an 80s diva!


And Willow is very much a sweetheart.


 I let Willow keep her hair and hat (and also that party outfit because DAMN), but I do fix her hair color back to normal. Unsurprisingly, her place as a musician is set in stone. But she does gain the ever interesting romantic trait.


Clearly romance is in the air with these girls, and Bay gets the soulmate aspiration! She also becomes athletic. 


I would briefly like to interrupt this program to talk about the bear phase. I was SO CONFUSED when Elm suddenly decided he needed to be a bear at all times. What on earth? And yet I can't stop laughing.


The hilarity is simply un-bear-able!



Anyways, I'll leave you here with a glance into Aspen's dating life. For a self-assured sim, he sure makes this face a lot. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment